Colorado Psychiatric Access & Consultation (C-PAC) is an innovative program addressing many of the challenges faced by primary care providers, families/patients and behavioral health clinicians in finding the right treatment for behavioral health conditions. C-PAC uses an integrative approach to offer a system of behavioral health consultation, training, clinic visits, a network of behavioral health clinicians and care coordination to help primary care providers meet integrated healthcare needs, regardless of payer source or the patient’s age.
- Primary care clinics are the most common setting where patients present with behavioral health issues.
- 1 in 5 adults have a mental health condition. That’s over 43 million Americans. And nearly half have a co-occurring substance abuse disorder.
- 6 million Americans experience suicidal ideation.
- Youth mental health is worsening and access to care is limited. Over 7 million youth with major depressive episodes did not receive treatment. And 7.7% of youth had no access to mental health services through their private insurance.
- There is a significant shortage of behavioral health providers. Colorado is ranked 17th out of the 50 states in access to behavioral health care.
C-PAC can help fill the need for quick access to psychiatry and behavioral health services. We provided over 1,600 consults and services to PCP practices in Colorado in 2017-2018.
Source Credit Mental Health America 2018